Friday, January 11, 2013

Like Summer in January


My current life in Texas… tranquilizing. To say the least.

I awaken my aurora by going to the gym. Impressive, I know I kno-haa-ow. Except… I work out at the Grapevine Fitness Center. And therefore, I elliptical next to four 75-year-old women. And all 4 of them are in better shape than me. But I’m not embarrassed.

I spend my afternoons and evenings serving wine drunks and beer bastards at Fish City Grill. I’m a waitress, and I am good at my job. No, of course I would never cut you off, ma’am. And yes! I’d love to see you drunk, sir. Let me even drive your car home for you. But it’s all okay because when I am working, I can pretend I’m a southern belle and speak with a heavy Texan drawl, ya’ll. 

And I typically spend the night speaking in nonsense with my little brother and sister who still live at home.  

I don't go to school, I don't have a car & I don't have many friends. I do clean a lot, I do read many books & I do eat entire boxes of chocolates. And I do get to spend every second with my precious family. 

Which I wouldn't trade for the world. 




& at least I'm not in this winter wretchedness: 




No comments:

Post a Comment