Friday, March 15, 2013

Ode to China


Hey, stranger!

I currently live in Zhongshan, China teaching English at Kaiyin Kindergarten and I can assure you that I have a better life than you. I spend my days with some blowzy little Asian dumplings – and they are irrepressibly risible, yet riotous at. all. times. They are five year olds. And they are easily stuffed into suitcases; don't worry. 


I have been squatting here for about three weeks. And when I say squatting, I actually mean squatting. In China, you do not sit on the ground, you squat. You do not use benches at the bus stop, you squat. You do not even use a westernized toilet, you squat. I will have the thighs of Hercules by the time I am home.

With that being said, I officially deem Zhongshan, China flawlessly faultless in every feasible way! I love these students; I love these people; I love this town! If I could live here until forever… I’d be a happy woman!


No comments:

Post a Comment