Thursday, August 8, 2013

QT, Cutie.

Why I love QuikTrip more than just about anything. 
And why you should, too.

Firstly. They carry crushed ice (the perfect and crisp and crunchy kind). Secondly. Both the Styrofoam 32 oz cups AND the plastic 32oz cups are coequal in cost, although unquestionably unequivalent in quality! No more worrying about that water-logged condensation sousing your unhampered hands, clothes, car, etc – just get the Styrofoam! FO’ ONLY SENNENTY-FIVE CENT!! You heard me right. In the summer… the drinks are cheap. Real cheap. 75 cents cheap. Three quarters? Child’s play!  

Quiktrip employees are also well, quick! No pun intended – seriously. I walk to the counter and by the time they have me rung up, checked out, and say, “Thanks, see you next time” I haven’t even begun to blink or think and I've probably wet myself. They leave my in a state of dumb-founded, utter bewilderment. Every. Damn. Time. Well played, QT, well played.

Quiktrip also is bad at spelling. In case you didn’t know, “Quick” is spelled q-u-i-c-k. But the tricky Quiktrip throws that last superfluous C to the curb! And for any of you out there who know me what-so-ever… you know I’m a depressingly bad speller. Quiktrip and I are one in mind …& alphabet.

& Finally… A Quiktrip run. Ah, did you hear that? Music. Going on that endeared Quiktrip Run is the heartbeat of like… life. I mean, it always has been for the Neeley’s. From landing a rooOoOoOooster booster, or a caffeine-free-diet coke with ¾ crushed ice to costuming as young, redneck, pregnant yoke going in for beer and coming out with SunnyD… some of my most cherished family memories have been inside this Quiktrip on Southlake Boulevard. So maybe that’s why I like it. I’m a cheap nostalgic – and I am in a constant state of missing my dear family. So, Quiktrip – welcome to the family! (Sorry about the cankles.)


QT in hand! Go for gold, Rach! 
Pre-Quiktripping. 


Plus! They have funny ads. Like this one:
“Like Fine Wine. Except it tastes nasty. Guaranteed Gasoline.”



So there’s my argument. Sorry, 7-11. Sorry, Racetrack. I’m not really thaaat sorry, Maverick. None of you even compare.




p.s. You know you’re an over-emotional girl when you write a completely serious sentimental blog post on… well, a gas station. 

No comments:

Post a Comment