Sunday, March 17, 2013

"For We Are Together"


Absolutely, positively - my most-adorned stem of China is the Sabbath Day!

       On the first Sunday, abaft a habitually unified and robust ballad of Battle Hymn of the Republic, the Spirit flooded through the pocketed apartment we sat in. The solitary thought that soaked my mind was “we are not alone, for we are together.” It is so easy to feel desolate and a little detached here as I am so far from what I’ve consistently considered home. But that day, the supportive arms of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints were cultivating me completely. Our District President, sweet President Turner, knew we were coming to Zhongshan, sending us sacrament trays, sacrament cloths, hymnals, and 13 folding chairs that we could use for our 'remote-access' Sunday meetings. The blooming package arrived with no label, no return address. Along with it came a sound system to hook up to our computer so that we could Skype into the branch which conducts its meetings about an hour away in Guangzhou. I am an active member of a branch. It is a trifling toy in this church’s telescope… and it may only be over Skype, but it is strong and it is true. 
       I've never felt more love from my Savior than I have in the last three weeks; for I know that I am supported and I know that I am never alone. The Lord is acutely aware of me and He has an unmitigated love for me which omnipotently protects me. I absolutely believe that this church and it’s gospel really are unquestionably true: wherever you are


No comments:

Post a Comment