Monday, November 19, 2012

perfect timing, Time.


Things I’ve been saying far too often as of late:
“I don’t have enough time.”
“Dang it, I didn’t set the timer”
“It’d be different if there was more time.”
“Because we still have time.”
“It’s just really bad timing”

I’ve been having too much trouble with our dear friend, Time.
He’s just been a real butthead. 


Everything was so right, yet the time was so wrong. I want to blame you; I want to blame me; I want to blame Time. I just want something to blame. But I can't. I know that I cannot have true faith in the Lord without also having complete trust in His timing.

As I prepare myself in the way the Lord has directed, I can hold myself in a latent readiness to act on His timing. He will tell me when the time is right to take the next step, or even the first step. So for now, I will simply concentrate on what I’ve been asked to do today. And take on tomorrow as it comes. I will wait for the day when the timing fits; when the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable becomes available, & the unattainable becomes attainable. 


“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: …A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; …A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; … A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; …
… A time to keep silence, and a time to speak”
Ecclesiastes 3


2 comments:

  1. Jenna, I love this. You are so eloquent and I hope I can someday be more like you. You just seem to get things. I can't wait to spend 6 months with you abroad and learn the many things that are in store for us both. Keep your head up and we will get through the rest of the year together! Know that I'm always here to laugh, cry, jump around, make animal noises, jam to T-swift ;), etc. with you. I love the time I share with you and just love you as a person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What would be the use of immortality to a person who cannot use well a half an hour."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

    ReplyDelete